How can you help?
The museum has a wide variety of projects and is always looking for people to work on them. There is a lot of historical research to conduct, displays to be put together, and general work to ensure we provide the best visitor experience we can.
We are flexible and able to give volunteers a role that fits in with their own interests or requirements.
We have many volunteers who are temporary such as students, or people giving their time to complete a specific project such as an oral history or providing us with information on our artefacts.
We also have more permanent volunteers who come in regularly to open up, clean, maintain and guide visitors, as well as a cataloguing team who are digitising our collection.
The Museum is always a hive of activity and one packet of chocolate biscuits does not last long!
This list gives you some idea of the wide scope that the museum is able to offer.
- Cataloguing and archiving the collections
- Researching specific subjects that will enhance our understanding of the collection and could enhance our displays
- Help with cleaning, painting, decorating, carpentry etc
- Tour guides
- Help with our social media and other PR activities to make sure people know we are here
- Arranging special exhibitions
- Helping with public enquiries
We can provide 1-1 training for any aspect of interest.
We do not have a formal application / interview process, so if you are interested please visit us at the museum and ask for Stella Man (our Volunteer co-ordinator) or email her at email@example.com.